Where Empowered Talent Creates Sustained Success
Position Summary: Operates a forklift to lift, load, or move material. Operates chainsaw to cut material as needed. Inspects and maintains forklift and chainsaw equipment as needed.
- Notifies Supervisor of any necessary equipment maintenance/repair.
- Bands lumber product for storage or shipping.
- Assists in moving of inventory for storage within the yard area as directed.
- Properly stores inventory, keeping it level and covered as necessary.
- Assists in inventory and/or cycle counts as directed.
- May operate saw equipment intermittently.
- Assists in keeping all lanes and areas clean and clear for traffic.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Remains flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur throughout the course of employment.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- 1-4 years previous experience with forklifts and other machinery (as designated by and at the discretion of the Division and Operations Manager for the particular position available).
- Active Forklift Certification.
- Good knowledge of lumber products.
- Basic Math skills.
- Good communication skills with a positive attitude.
- Able to lift, shift, and push weight up to 75 pounds.
- Able to read, write, speak, and understand English to the extent required to receive and communicate information as necessary to the position.
- Excellent attendance is required for this fast-paced position.
- Possible overtime and weekend hours may be required for this position.
At Capital, we believe in developing our employees and promoting from within. We also believe a team that works hard should also make room to have fun. Not only do we create and preserve a safe work environment, we also strive for continuous improvement. We offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, and vacation time. To be considered, please apply now.