Where Empowered Talent Creates Sustained Success
At Capital, we know that a building is only as strong as the materials it’s made of. And we also know that a company is only as strong as the employees who keep it running. Because of this, we value more than just delivering the best products. We value investing in the best people.
At Capital, we have 65 years of success behind us, but we need innovative and dedicated employees to take us into the future. When you join the Capital team, you’re empowered to succeed, encouraged to grow, and rewarded for your hard work.
We are currently looking for an Engineered Wood Product Designer (EWP) for our Portland Branch. This position offers administrative and primarily technical support to our Engineered Wood Products customers with assistance of Account Managers by providing design specifications of our products including framing, layout and number calculations. Manages single family projects from design to shipping products with minimal supervision. Some of the key essential functions are:
- Demonstrates and maintains proper work methods in accordance with established Company Safety rules, procedures and programs.
- Understanding of building construction, structural details, local building codes, and product lines.
- Uses design software accurately to create framing layouts and specify EWP products to meet both Capital and its Customer’s program.
- Create material list and perform plan takeoffs for single family and small multifamily projects.
- Use software and/or span charts to size framing members such as beams, headers, girders, joists, etc.
- Receive incoming calls and direct customers to appropriate departments.
- Use DMSI software for product purchasing, selling, inventory management.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment with Capital.
Click the link below to apply!