Where Empowered Talent Creates Sustained Success
We are currently looking for an Engineered Wood Product Designer (EWP) III for our Woodburn, OR Branch. This position offers some administrative and primarily technical support to our Engineered Wood Products customers with assistance of Accounts Managers by providing design specifications of our products including framing, layout and number calculations. Coaches new designers, manages priorities across multiple EWP projects. Manages residential and commercial projects from bidding, designing and shipping to job sites. Some of the key essential functions are:
- Understanding of building construction, structural details, local building codes, and product lines
- Responsible for EWP product management and inventory control
- May assist customers with product promotions and product training sessions
- Responsible for training and coaching new designers, assigning projects and various duties
- Conduct presentations to customers, contractors and other industry professionals on EWP products, services and company programs
- Uses design software accurately to create framing layouts and specify EWP products to meet both Capital and its Customer’s program
- Create material list and perform plan takeoffs for single family and small multifamily projects.
- Use software and/or span charts to size framing members such as beams, headers, girders, joists, etc.
- Receive incoming calls and direct customers to appropriate departments
- Use DMSI software for product purchasing, selling, inventory management
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment with Capital.
At Capital, we believe in developing our employees and promoting from within. We also believe a team that works hard should also make room to have fun!