Where Empowered Talent Creates Sustained Success
At Capital, we know that a building is only as strong as the materials it’s made of. And we also know that a company is only as strong as the employees who keep it running. Because of this, we value more than just delivering the best products. We value investing in the best people.
At Capital, we have 65 years of success behind us, but we need innovative and dedicated employees to take us into the future. When you join the Capital team, you’re empowered to succeed, encouraged to grow, and rewarded for your hard work.
Position Summary: Manages all aspects of a product, from conception to sale. Monitors marketplace trends, and develops appropriate sales and marketing strategies. Researches current trends in the market and creates new products to meet customer needs.
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Innovation / Creativity
- Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Participates in and supports daily sales activity
- Assist in development and implementation of special sales plans and programs
- Responsible for maintaining program pricing pages for sales
- Introduces new products to sales departments and coordinates product education for Capital Lumber employees and customers
- Purchases, manages and maintains inventory to Capital standards for turns, turn and earn and budgeted levels through an inventory model
- Responsible for inventory budgeting process and related ROA projections and management.
- Manage inventory levels to meet aging targets
- Participate in leading physical inventory and cycle counting
- Researches and cultivates new vendors
- Interact with current vendors; purchasing products and maintaining relationships
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Education / Experience and Skills
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or relevant industry experience
- Eight years of experience in lumber industry with vendor relationships
- Understanding of profit/loss as it pertains to sales, inventory and bottom line business management
- Ability to model the Capital values and to provide innovative
- Ability to effectively communicate, motivate and engage commitment of customers and team members
- Ability to drive and be accountable for results in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and have multiple projects going simultaneously
- A strong sense of urgency for goal achievement
- Results focused with ability to make quick decisions to changing conditions
- Strong follow-up is necessary on tasks to ensure proper results
- Detail-oriented with ability to handle details quickly, correctly and efficiently
- Must be able to travel occasionally
At Capital, we believe in developing our employees and promoting from within. We also believe a team that works hard should also make room to have fun.